Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

About Me

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Cassie and I'm 25 years old, living in the UK, I am currently on peritoneal dialysis and I'm on the kidney transplant list waiting for a kidney transplant. 


I was first diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease when I was 11 months old due to kidney reflux and recurring kidney infections (pylonephritis) and UTI's. Over the years I have been in and out of hospitals with kidney infections, I had my right kidney removed in 2008 and I am now at the end stages of renal failure with one kidney at 3% function. I am now dependent on peritoneal dialysis since July 2013 and I am currently waiting for a kidney transplant on the NHS.

This is my story of my journey a long the way... All the highs and the lows and the bits you'll probably think are 'too much information' or whatever. I am writing this because I want other people out there to have more of an understanding and for those that are, or may be getting ready to - this is a personal insight of my experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment